Fifth grade provides students the necessary skills they need to excel in middle school.
During our students final year in grade school, students have the tools they need to accomplish goals independently. Fifth grade is the time to refine these skills before taking the next step to middle school.
Find out more about our fifth grade teachers.
- 24 Pencils with erasers (Ticonderoga No. 2) NO MECHNICAL PENCILS
- 2 Red Pens
- 1 Box of Crayons, 24 count
- 1 Box colored pencils, set of 12 assorted colors (sharpened)
- 1 Box of Crayola markers, set of 8-10 (fat)
- 1 Zipper pencil pouch (small)
- 2 Yellow Highlighters
- 1 Blue 2-pocket folder (Technology)
- 1 Scissors, No. 8 or 8" pointed tip
- 1 Package of large glue sticks (2-3 count)
- 2 Packages loose-leaf paper, wide ruled (150 pack)
- 1 Low-profile Clipboard
- 1 Package 3"x3" Post-it Notes
- 2 3"x5" Index Cards
- 1 Box of Gallon or Sandwich-size Ziploc Bags (Last Name A-K)
- 1 4-pack Black Expo Dry Erase Markers (Last Name L-Z)
- 2 Large Clorox Wipes
- 3 Kleenex Boxes (rectangular preferred)
- 1 Set of inexpensive headphones
- 1 Large Pink Pearl Eraser
Optional Supplies For Classroom Use
appreciated, but not required
- Astrobright Paper
- Astrobright Cardstock
- White Cardstock
- Paper Clips (large)
- Clear rolls of Scotch tape
- Blue Sticky Tack
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Bag of Candy
5th Grade will utilize an all-in-one folder organizational system. In lieu of purchasing individual folders, students will receive this folder system, which will cost $5.00. Please bring cash to your child's back to school night.
We utilize a Balanced Literacy Framework to get students to the highest level of literacy understanding possible. Learn more about our balanced literacy framework.