Fifth grade provides students the necessary skills they need to excel in middle school.
During our students final year in grade school, students have the tools they need to accomplish goals independently. Fifth grade is the time to refine these skills before taking the next step to middle school.
Find out more about our fifth grade teachers.
The brand names listed are recommended, but feel free to substitute. Please keep items simple and basic. Also, please do not labels items; we will label them at school.
- 1 - Pair of gym shoes to be left at school
- 24 - Pencils with erasers (Mechanical preferred - remember extra lead)
- 1 - Box crayons 24 count
- 1 - Box colored pencils set of 12 assorted colors (sharpened)
- 1 - Box of Crayola markers set of 8-10 (fat)
- 1 - Zipper pencil pouch (small)
- 1 - Fine point black permanent marker
- 1 - 4-Pack of highlighters (assorted colors)
- 4 - Ink pens, red
- 7* - Plain colored plastic folders with pockets and prong fasteners. They will be used for organization of subjects. It would be helpful if students have the following colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and black.
- 1 - Blue 2 pocket folder- Computer Lab
- 2 - Packs of Ruled Index cards (3” X 5”)
- 1 - Package Post-It-Writable Filing Tabs (20-24 count)
- 1 - Scissors, No. 8 or 8” pointed tip
- 1 - Package of large glue sticks (2-3 count)
- 2 - 1 1/2 inch 3-ring white binders (clear view)
- 1 - Package loose-leaf paper, college or wide ruled (150 pack)
- 3 - Composition notebooks (100 sheet, clean tear)
- 1 - Low-profile Clipboard
- 1 - Pack of 3x3 post-it notes
- 1 - Pencil box
- 6 - Dry erase markers (fine tip)
Please keep in mind:
- No Trapper Keepers, they are too big for our desks
- No Backpacks with wheels, they do not fit in our cubbies
- No toys or gadgets
Download a printable version of the supply list.
We utilize a Balanced Literacy Framework to get students to the highest level of literacy understanding possible. Learn more about our balanced literacy framework.