With a foundation of social skills firmly in place, first grade delves deeper into the academics of reading and math.
Using common core as a guide, our first graders begin learning more complex math and reading skills.
Find out more about our exemplary first grade teachers.
The brand names listed are recommended. Please feel free to substitute.
- 1 - school box (SMALL plastic)
- 1 - backpack (no wheels, please)
- 1 - pair scissors (Fiskar brand)
- 16- #2 Ticonderoga pencils sharpened
- 2 - box 24 Crayola crayons standard colors
- 1 - Colored pencils - 12 count
- 1 - highlighter
- 2 - black Expo dry erase markers - broad tip
- 1 - red plastic pocket folder (no prongs)
- 1 - yellow plastic pocket folder (no prongs)
- 1 - blue plastic pocket folder (no prongs)
- 1 - green plastic pocket folder (no prongs)
- 1 - large pink eraser and 1 package of pencil top erasers
- 6 - glue sticks
- 1 - box Washable Crayola basic color markers (thick)
- 1 - 3 ring binder 1 inch
- 1 - dividers (set of 5, please put them in the binder)
- 1 Crayola or Prang watercolors
- 1 - composite notebook - wide rule
- 1 - pair gym shoes
- 1 - paint shirt
- 1 - headphones to stay at school
- Girls - 1 box quart size bags & Clorox wipes
- Boys - 1 box gallon size bags & hand wipes
- 1 - bottle Elmer's glue
All supplies should be replaced as needed. Please mark all items with student’s name before bringing to school, except for pencils and eraser caps.
Download a printable version of the school supply list.
We utilize a Balanced Literacy Framework to get students to the highest level of literacy understanding possible. Learn more about our balanced literacy program.