With a foundation of social skills firmly in place, first grade delves deeper into the academics of reading and math.
Using common core as a guide, our first graders begin learning more complex math and reading skills.
Find out more about our exemplary first grade teachers.
Below is a list of first grade school supplies. The brand names listed are recommended. Please feel free to substitute.
- 1 - school box (SMALL plastic)
- 1 - backpack (no wheels, please)
- 1 - pair scissors (Fiskar brand)
- 16- #2 pencils sharpened
- 1 - box 24 Crayola crayons standard colors
- 1 - highlighter
- 3 - folders (with pockets)
- 1 - pair gym shoes
- 1 - paint shirt
- 1 - large pink eraser and 1 package of pencil top erasers
- 12 - glue sticks
- 1 - box Washable Crayola basic color markers (thick)
- 1 - box quart size baggies - Boys
- 1 - box gallon size baggies - Girls
- 1 - 3 ring binder 1 inch
- 1 - dividers (set of 5, please put them in the binder)
- 1 - container of wet wipes
- 1 - plastic blue folder
- 1 - Crayola watercolor paint set
All supplies should be replaced as needed. Please mark all items with student’s name before bringing to school, except for pencils.
Download a printable version of the school supply list.
We utilize a Balanced Literacy Framework to get students to the highest level of literacy understanding possible. Learn more about our balanced literacy program.