At Maroa-Forsyth Grade School, our kindergarten classes are excited to begin their educational journey.
Welcome to Kindergarten!
We are looking forward to a year of learning, fun, and growing! Orientation night will begin at 5:30 Wednesday, August 17. It is beneficial that you and your child attend this important event. You will get to meet your child’s teacher, explore the building, bring school supplies, go over transportation information, and learn about the Kindergarten curriculum and expectations. We will begin our presentation promptly at 5:30, as this is a busy night for all.
Just a few reminders:
School Supply list can be found below.
- If you have not already done so, turn in important health documents to the office.
We cannot wait to meet you and your child to kickoff a great school year!
Meet all of our awesome kindergarten teachers.
The brand names listed are recommended. Please feel free to substitute.
- 2 - boxes of 8 small crayons and 2 boxes of 24 small crayons (please no jumbo crayons)
- 1 - box large Crayola markers – primary colors
- 12 - regular size pre-sharpened pencils
- 4 - glue sticks
- 1- bottle of Elmers Glue (for art class)
- 1- black permanent fine tip sharpie (for art class)
- 1 - pink pearl eraser
- 1 - pair of metal Fiskar rounded tip scissors
- 1 - 5” X 8” plastic “Spacemaker” school box
- 1 - box of Prang watercolor paints w/good paintbrush
- 1 – Clipboard
- 1 - 2 pack of thin expo markers
- 1 - box of gallon baggies A-M last names
- 1- package of baby wipes A-M last name
- 1 - package of Clorox wipes N-Z last names
- 1- 1 box of Kleenex N-Z last name
- 1 - head phones (NOT earbuds)
- 1- baggie of extra clothes to keep in your child's locker
- 1 - large T-shirt for art work (adult size)
- 1- 2 pocket plastic folder
- 1 - large backpack to carry back and forth to school each day. No wheels, please. It should be large enough to carry their folder without bending. Zipper styles work best.
We utilize a Balanced Literacy Framework to get students to the highest level of literacy understanding possible. Learn more about our balanced literacy program.