At Maroa-Forsyth Grade School, our kindergarten classes are excited to begin their educational journey.
- Wednesday, August 18 - NO Kindergarten Classes during the day. This day will be used for Kindergarten Screenings for students that have moved into our district over the summer.
Kindergarten Orientation - Wednesday, August 18
6:00PM - Last Name A-K
6:30PM - Last Name L-Z
- Thursday, August 19 - Students with last names beginning with A-K will have all day Kindergarten. Buses will run for these students. (No class for Kindergartners with last name L-Z).
- Friday, August 20 - Students with last names beginning with L-Z will have all day Kindergarten. Buses will run for these students. (No class for Kindergarteners with last name A-K).
- Monday, August 23 - All Kindergarten students Full Day of Attendance
Our caring kindergarten teachers and excellent curriculum supports our youngest children in their love of school.
Meet all of our awesome kindergarten teachers.
The brand names listed are recommended. Please feel free to substitute.
- 2 - boxes of 8 small crayons and 2 boxes of 24 small crayons (please no jumbo crayons)
- 1 - box large Crayola markers – primary colors
- 12 - regular size pre-sharpened pencils
- 4 - glue sticks
- 1 - bottle of Elmers Glue (for art class)
- 1 - black permanent fine tip sharpie (for art class)
- 1 - pink pearl eraser
- 1 - pair of metal Fiskar rounded tip scissors
- 1 - 5” X 8” plastic “Spacemaker” school box
- 1 - box of Prang watercolor paints with good paintbrush
- 1 - clipboard
- 1 - 2 pack of thin expo markers
- 1 - box of gallon baggies A-M last names
- 1 - package of Clorox wipes N-Z last names
- 1 - head phones (NOT earbuds)
- 1 - baggie of extra clothes to keep in your child's locker
- 1 - large t-shirt for art work (adult size)
- 1 - large backpack to carry back and forth to school each day. No wheels, please. It should be large enough to carry their binder without bending. Zipper styles work best.
We utilize a Balanced Literacy Framework to get students to the highest level of literacy understanding possible. Learn more about our balanced literacy program.