At Maroa-Forsyth Grade School, our kindergarten classes are excited to begin their educational journey.
Our caring kindergarten teachers and excellent curriculum supports our youngest children in their love of school.
Important Dates for Kindergarten
Thursday, August 15 from 4:30-5:15 - Bring supplies, meet teacher, and find out bus information.
Monday, August 19 - No classes for Kindergarten. This day will be used for Kindergarten screenings for students that have moved into our district over the summer.
First Days of School
Students will go to school all day, and buses will run for Kindergarten students.
- Tuesday, August 20 - All day attendance
- Last names beginning with A-K have school.
- No class for Kindergarteners with last names beginning with L-Z.
- Wednesday, August 21 - All day attendance
- Last names beginning with L-Z have school.
- No class for Kindergarteners with last names beginning with A-K.
- Thursday, August 22 - All day attendance
- All Kindergarten students
Meet all of our awesome kindergarten teachers.
The brand names listed are recommended. Please feel free to substitute.
- 4 - boxes of 8 small crayons and 4 boxes of 24 small crayons (please no jumbo crayons)
- 1 - box large Crayola markers – primary colors
- 12 - regular size pre-sharpened pencils
- 10 - glue sticks
- 1 - zipper type storage bags w/pull tabs (A-M bring quart size, M-T bring gallon size and U-Z bring snack size)
- 1 - pink pearl eraser
- 1 - Trojan Binder – to be purchased for $5
- 1 - 5” X 8” plastic “Spacemaker” school box
- 1 - pair of Velcro tennis shoes to be kept at school for P.E.
- 1 - large T-shirt for art work (adult size)
- 1 - pair of metal Fiskar rounded tip scissors
- 1 - Standard towel for rest
- 1 - box of Prang watercolor paints w/good paintbrush
- 1 - clipboard
- 1 - 2 pack of thin expo markers
- 1 - package of 9” GENERIC PLAIN paperplates
- 1 - large backpack to carry back and forth to school each
- day. No wheels, please. It should be large enough to carry their binder without bending. Zipper styles work best.
- 1 - subject wide ruled spiral notebook
- 1 - package of baby wipes A-M last names
- 1 - package of Clorox wipes N-Z last names
- 1 - head phones (NOT earbuds)
Download a printable version of the supply list.
We utilize a Balanced Literacy Framework to get students to the highest level of literacy understanding possible. Learn more about our balanced literacy program.