At Maroa-Forsyth Grade School, our kindergarten classes are excited to begin their educational journey.
Our caring kindergarten teachers and excellent curriculum supports our youngest children in their love of school.
Important Dates for Kindergarten
Tuesday, August 25 from 4:00-5:30 pm. Drive thru our back parking lot to see your teacher, drop off supplies, and get information from your child’s teacher. Please have everything marked with your child’s name and teacher.
First Days of School
Kindergarten will come to school once the week of August 31 on Monday, August 31. Then, they will return to school on Tuesday, September 8 to start school on a daily basis.
Meet all of our awesome kindergarten teachers.
The brand names listed are recommended. Please feel free to substitute.
- 2 - boxes of 8 small crayons and 3 boxes of 24 small crayons (please no jumbo crayons)
- 1 - box large Crayola markers – primary colors
- 12 - regular size pre-sharpened pencils
- 4 - glue sticks
- 1 - pink pearl eraser
- 1 - Trojan Binder – to be purchased for $5
- 1 - 5” X 8” plastic “Spacemaker” school box
- 1 - pair of Velcro tennis shoes to be kept at school for P.E.
- 1 - large T-shirt for art work (adult size)
- 1 - pair of metal Fiskar rounded tip scissors
- 1 - Standard towel for rest
- 1 - box of Prang watercolor paints w/good paintbrush
- 1 - clipboard
- 1 - 2 pack of thin expo markers
- 1 - large backpack to carry back and forth to school each day. No wheels, please. It should be large enough to carry their binder without bending. Zipper styles work best.
- 1 - subject wide ruled spiral notebook
- 1 - package of baby wipes A-M last names
- 1 - package of Clorox wipes N-Z last names
- 1 - head phones (NOT earbuds)
Download a printable version of the supply list.
We utilize a Balanced Literacy Framework to get students to the highest level of literacy understanding possible. Learn more about our balanced literacy program.