Starting the week of March 1st, Maroa-Forsyth will start making the BinaxNow COVID-19 rapid testing available to our students. This will give our parents another testing option and will hopefully help our students return to school quicker. It will also help us identify close contacts sooner, which in turn, will limit the spread of COVID-19.
Below are some important details about our student testing program.
Student COVID Testing at Maroa-Forsyth
- Maroa-Forsyth students who are showing COVID symptom(s) will be sent home from school, they will not be tested immediately.
- Parents can email Rachel Werkman to set up an appointment for testing.
- Testing will occur at the High School on the following days and times
- Monday 1:30-2:00
- Tuesday 1:30-2:00
- Wednesday 9:00-11:30 and 12:30-2:00
- Thursday 1:30-2:00
- If a student is showing multiple symptoms, the school can request a PCR test. The BinaxNOW rapid test will not work for return to school.
- Students who are close contacts to COVID must follow quarantine recommendations. If the student needs to be tested due to symptoms, a PCR test is needed.
- If a student tests positive, they must observe isolation rules
- If a student tests negative, they must be 24 hours symptom free to return to school.
- Parents must provide a signed consent form prior to testing. This will be done only 1 time.
- Testing is voluntary and not required.
- A parent must accompany all MS and GS students when being tested.
- A parent does not need to accompany HS students when being tested.
- Students must be at least 6 years old to be tested.