In third grade with reading skills fully developed, academics becomes more well rounded.
At Maroa-Forsyth, third grade starts the process of transitioning students to the upper levels of grade school by building responsibility and independence.
Meet our dedicated third grade teachers.
The brand names listed are recommended. Please feel free to substitute.
- 1 - (100-150 sheets) pkg. – wide rule notebook paper
- 1 - set of 8 washable markers
- 1 - box of 24 crayons
- 1 - box of 12 colored pencils
- 1 - pointed pair of medium sized scissors
- 1 - 4 oz. bottle of white Elmer’s glue
- 1 - package of pencil top erasers
- 1 - pencil pouch (no room for school box)
- NO PENCIL SHARPENERS
- 4 - pocket folders
- 2 - yellow highlighters
- 48 - No. 2 sharpened pencils
- 1 - pair of gym shoes (to leave at school for P.E.)
- 5 - glue sticks
- 2 - vinyl folders with pockets
- 1 - purple 2 pocket folder - Computer Lab
- 1 - Watercolors
- 4 - dry erase markers
- 1 - 1 1/2 inch 3 ring binder
- Paint shirt
- Ear phones
All supplies should be replaced as needed. No Trapper Keepers please as they will not fit in desks. No wheels on book bags please because they will not fit in lockers.
Download a printable version of the supply list.
We utilize a Balanced Literacy Framework to get students to the highest level of literacy understanding possible. Learn more about our balanced literacy framework.